Property Manager III | Metropolitan Development & Housing Agency
METROPOLITAN DEVELOPMENT AND HOUSING AGENCY
HUMAN RESOURCES DIVISION
Position Open: May 10, 2022
Position Closing Date: June 8, 2022
Position: PROPERTY MANAGER III
Salary Range: $70,735 - $91,955
Under limited supervision, to lead, plan, direct and oversee the management and maintenance operations for the agency Multi- Family properties; to manage the properties in an efficient, cost-effective manner, in compliance with applicable rules and regulations; and to provide a quality, well- maintained housing community for the residents.
MDHA offers competitive salaries and an amazing retirement program. Our Mission is to create affordable housing opportunities, support neighborhoods, strengthen communities and help build a greater Nashville.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related field and (3) years of experience in multi-family property management. Basic knowledge of programs and procedures relating to property management for assisted properties, Low Income Housing Tax Credit, and other related federal housing programs or a combination of education and work experience that meet the requirements of the KSAs for this position.
Candidates with accreditation earned in foreign institutes are encouraged to apply
• Reviews proposed annual budgets with Maintenance Supervisor and Area Property Manager, reflecting on previous budget
• expenditures, forecasting future revenue and expenses and analyzing market data relating to budgets; aggressively take actions to ensure property meets or exceeds established net profit objectives;
• Reviews Monthly budget to actual variance analysis in a timely manner to ensure that expenses are constantly in line with projected expenditures for the property;
• Work in conjunction with maintenance supervisors to prepare each property’s 5-year capital need assessment prior to Area
• Property Manager review;
• Reviews property inventory and capital needs assessments annually;
• Conducts quarterly market analysis to maintain marketing and concession strategies for mixed income property; ensure proper and correct pricing of market rate rental units.
• Reviews/approves P2P invoices; monitor and maintain purchasing controls at the property;
• Submit any project improvements for approval by the Area Property Manager;
• Reviews and interprets Federal, State, and specific HUD guidelines for Low Income Tax Credit, Home, PBRA programs;
• Monitor compliance for any programs that are at the site including PBRA S-8, Tax Credit, Home, and Market Rate; keep property in compliance with Regulatory Authority rules for these programs;
• Conducts monthly file reviews to ensure integrity and compliance with all documents pertaining to the agency’s rental
programs, and provides technical assistance to staff and internal and external compliance personnel;
• Perform annual and unit inspections with Leasing staff and Maintenance Technicians when necessary;
• Ensure that annual and interim re-certifications are processed on a timely basis;
• Prepare reports adhering to requirements of local, state and federal entities;
• Provide detailed reports for the Area Property Manager to facilitate his/her reporting requirements with Investor and THDA
reporting for Low Income Housing Tax Credit developments;
• Monitor lease enforcement of site staff;
• Monitor tenant account receivables, collection loss, occupancy percentages, legal process, and provide direction to site staff
• Monitor Management Agreements and renew at expiration;
• Ensure efficient resident selection and screening;
• Complies with all Fair Housing Laws;
• Interpret and apply Management personnel policies, departmental policies, and other relevant policies and procedures and
consults with Human Resources;
• Monitor performance of subordinates through periodic inspections of properties and information reports;
• Review and approve time and leave reports for assigned staff, and approve leave requests;
• Conduct or coordinate training programs for all new employees, and periodic training for other employees;
• Coordinate staffing with the Area Property Manager, Director and/or Assistant Director for Affordable Housing to assure that all properties are adequately staffed;
• Prepare and review performance appraisals and discuss with subordinates as well as counsel employees regarding job
• performance and document in accordance with established procedures;
• Recommend disciplinary action as needed;
• Conduct periodic staff meetings
• Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of policies and procedures and recommend changes as needed;
• Work closely with Leasing Staff ensuring that established occupancy targets are reached and maintained;
• Provide exceptional customer service to prospective tenants, vendors, and co-workers;
• Ensure that all maintenance requests are done correctly and completed in allotted timeframe, and communicate any issues or concerns to the Maintenance Technician, or Maintenance Supervisor where applicable;
• Coordinates social activities with onsite management to ensure resident satisfaction and retention;
• Ensure that all assigned personnel comply completely with established quality control and tenant satisfaction standards;
• Responsible to handle or ensure that all tenants complaints are resolved professionally and in a timely manner ensuring that a win-win solution results and that both the tenant and the company are satisfied with the outcome;
• Conduct monthly site visits and inspect all reported vacancies followed by submitting reports to Central Office;
• Monitor the implementation of initial marketing and lease-up efforts for new properties ensuring that all units are leased in compliance with all regulatory agreements;
• Assesses physical condition of properties, makes recommendation for physical improvements;
• Articulate clearly and accurately when communicating with other departments of the agency, federal, state and local governments, and private investors and other customers.
• Assess property security requirements and recommend changes as necessary
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Proficiency at multi-tasking, demonstrated expertise in managing multiple complex projects simultaneously in addition to managing day to day operations, results oriented, Self-starter that has displayed the ability to excel in an unstructured environment and complete tasks according to deadlines. Strong verbal/written communication skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, superiors, residents, community service agencies, and the public, ability to manage multiple priorities and multiple demands to accomplish tasks in accordance with established requirements, must have the ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously in an accurate and timely manner; considerable skill in problem solving, conflict resolution, and dealing with confidential information/situations.
Knowledge of Management policies and procedures, knowledge of Department of Housing and Urban Development ("HUD") rules and regulations, Fair Housing Laws, Tenant Law, OSHA standards, REAC, basic knowledge of building maintenance, fire prevention and liability reduction principles, ability to perform mathematical calculations, effective use of Property Management software, knowledge of third party nonprofit agencies that provide assistance and services to residents; working knowledge of Federally assisted housing regulations; ability to maintain required records such as tenant files, vacancy reports, etc. ability to prepare clear, concise reports and make appropriate recommendations within scope of responsibility.
Willingness, mental and physical ability to perform the duties involved in this classification, ability to perform work with or without an accommodation that requires sitting, standing, and walking, dexterity of hands and clarity of vision, speech and hearing and powers of observation, other physical duties as required.
Knowledge and ability to manage the financial operations for property administration.
License(s)/ Certification Required
Valid Tennessee driver’s license, Tax Credit Specialist (TCS), Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) Certified Financial Specialist (CFS), Certified Blended Occupancy Specialist (BOS)
Certified HOME Compliance Specialist (HCS)
THE METROPOLITAN DEVELOPMENT AND HOUSING AGENCY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND HIRES REGARDLESS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, AGE, RELIGION, AND DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.
Apply at www.Nashville-MDHA.org. Upon reviewing all applications submitted for job openings, the Human Resources Office will notify those applicants who are selected for personal interviews. Applicants selected for a position must successfully pass a pre-hire physical examination and drug screen in order to be hired. MDHA is certified by the State of Tennessee as a Drug-Free Workplace
Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency
701 South Sixth St.
Nashville, Tennessee 37206
To request a reasonable accommodation or assistance with language interpretation, please call 615-252-8550.
If interested, please apply at Career Center (taleo.net)