Maintenance Tech/Supervisor | MMC Properties, Inc.
The Maintenance Supervisor supervises the property’s maintenance and facilities operations to maintain the physical condition and appearance of one or more properties that will enhance the value of the community. Communicates and utilizes company operating and safety standards. Supervises maintenance staff. Maintains property’s equipment and machinery. Develops and adheres to maintenance budget and expenditures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Supervises maintenance team for one or more properties.
• Serves as company representative with contractors and temporary staff.
• Schedules and assists with daily operations (service orders, repaints/recarpets, apartment turnovers, etc.).
• Reviews and tracks progress of service orders.
• Schedules emergency on-call shifts and after-hours maintenance assignments. Takes emergency on-call shifts as required.
• Assists with troubleshooting problems that are beyond the maintenance team’s ability.
• Trains maintenance staff.
• Monitors inventory and purchases of maintenance supplies.
• Prepares purchase orders, requisitions, and contracts for maintenance equipment, supplies and services.
• Develops and adheres to maintenance budget. Works with Property Manager on all maintenance expenditures.
• Conducts apartment and property inspections.
• Monitors completion of preventive maintenance schedule.
• Oversees and assists with managing property emergencies such as snow/ice emergencies, fires, and floods.
• Maintains decorating replacement schedules. Oversees and schedules unit and common area painting.
• Schedules/completes and coordinates exterior siding repairs, emergency roof repairs, and HVAC repairs.
• Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of supplies. May use company vehicle or personal vehicle when necessary.
• Completes daily operations of service orders, apartment turnovers, etc.
• Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
• Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
• Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma and at least 3 years of experience in apartment maintenance or related field
• Must be HVAC certified
Additional Skills and Abilities
• Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstance
• Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations
• Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws
• Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community
• Successfully pass a background and drug test
Understanding of Microsoft Office programs and ability to navigate the internet as well as email.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must routinely lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Employee will be required to work outside in the heat and cold for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative construction/workshop environment and those an employee would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but instances where extreme noise will be encountered is possible.
If interested, please apply with Justin Bryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.