Maintenance Technician | Weatherly Ridge Apartments (Pedcor Homes)
The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing the day-to-day maintenance tasks of the property in accordance with the established policies and procedures as stated in the Standard Operation Procedure Manual (SOP). This includes routine, preventative and emergency maintenance.
A. To minimize the expenses of the property through effective maintenance and preventative maintenance programs.
B. To provide safe, comfortable and well maintained properties to the tenants and the community.
C. To present yourself and Pedcor Homes in a professional manner and attitude to your co-workers, the residents and to the general public.
III. REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the areas as outlined below as well as all maintenance aspects of the property. The Maintenance Technician is also responsible for other duties as directed by the Facility Director.
1. Handle routine work orders within a maximum 3 day turnaround. Emergency work orders should be handled on an immediate basis as determined by the Facility Director.
2. Maintain the maintenance shop in a safe and orderly manner. Keep record of inventory and maintain an inventory control system.
3. Ensure proper use, inventory and maintenance of all property equipment.
4. Obtain knowledge of power, water and gas turnoffs and sewer clean-out traps.
5. Responsible for HVAC, electrical, appliance repair, plumbing, carpentry work, carpet cleaning, drywall repair, painting and debris removal.
6. Maintain areas daily to achieve the best curb appeal for property.
7. Able to carry On-Call pager and respond to emergencies immediately.
8. Adhere to all state required certifications.
9. Adhere to all state requirements pertaining to maintenance
10. Be courteous to residents at all times and “Smile”.
11. Be a team member and communicate appropriately with fellow employees.
12. Adhere to scheduled work hours and on call emergency set forth by management
13. Adhere to all Fair Housing Guidelines
C. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Able to walk, bend, stoop and pick up a minimum of 45 pounds alone and more with assistance.
2. Able to cut and trim trees and plants.
3. Able to operate vehicle or power equipment when necessary.
4. Able to remove snow and appropriately handle snow removal machinery.
1. Report to Facility Director all property damage or personal injury which could be a possible claim.
2. Report to Facility Director every injury of site personnel that could possibly be a worker’s compensation claim.
3. All other duties as assigned by Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.