Maintenance Supervisor- $32-34/hr- $1500 sign on bonus | The Burnham Nashville/Brookfield Properties
The Burnham Nashville - 501 5th Ave. S.
We know that a “one-size-fits-all” approach doesn’t work when it comes to residential living. That’s why, at Brookfield Properties, our portfolio features a wide range of options for any stage of life. And though our properties may be diverse, one thing is universal: all offer the unparalleled quality, service, and support our residents deserve.
If you’re ready to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
Supervises, coordinates and performs activities employed with the general maintenance of a multi-unit residential property of higher complexity. This may include repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment, general to advanced mechanical maintenance, interior maintenance, general to advanced plumbing, general to advanced carpentry and housekeeping.
Essential Job Functions
1. Supervises and coordinates efforts of the maintenance staff. Recommends new hires, discipline, and contributes to performance appraisal. Responsible for training, coaching, and communications to the maintenance staff. (25%)
2. Performs or assigns work to repair and maintain mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning. Diagnoses problems. Disassembles units, cleans, lubricates, repairs, and replaces parts. (20%)
3. Performs or assigns routine to difficult carpentry duties, including installation of new doors and installation or repairs of doorjambs, moldings, hinges, door closers, locks, knobs, etc. Also, may include drywall or plaster repair and painting duties. (10%)
4. Performs or assigns routine to difficult electrical duties, including inspecting and testing lighting, wiring and power circuits, replaces faulty switches, replaces faulty lamps and ballasts. (10%)
5. Performs or assigns routine to difficult plumbing duties, including unclogging sinks and toilets, repair of faucet, assemblies and replacement of washers, repairs or replacement pipes, repair of fountains, etc. (20%)
6. Interface with contractors and vendors. Depending on property needs, creates written specifications and secures bids for services in accordance with established bid process. Solicits bids, negotiates with vendors for goods and services. (5%)
7. Performs or assigns preventative maintenance duties. (10%)
This position requires a(n) High school diploma / GED
Below is the required/preferred work experience for this position:
3-4 years in a supervisory maintenance role for a commercial or multi-unit property - Required
We are proud to create a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are grateful for your interest in this position, however, only candidates selected for pre-screening will be contacted.
If interested in this position, please apply with Amy Brinson via email, email@example.com.