Groundskeeper/Maintenance Technician | MMC Properties, Inc.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical condition and appearance of one or more properties that will enhance the value of the community. Communicates and utilizes company operating and safety standards. Assists with unit turns, completes work orders, maintains the grounds, maintains property’s equipment and machinery and assists in all other required tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for the daily repair and upkeep of the property.
• Responsible for maintaining the grounds and assist the groundskeeper on daily basis.
• Responsible for the preparation of vacant units for occupancy.
• Responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or the management company.
• Responsible for completing submitted work orders.
• Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and insuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
• Responsible for cleaning work area, tools and equipment.
• Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times.
• Be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times.
• Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies and property community policies.
• Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth and development.
• Responsible to be available to work on an on-call basis.
• Responsible for securing the maintenance shop(s) at the close of every work day.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma and at least 1 years of experience in apartment maintenance or related field
• General knowledge and skills related to carpentry, plumbing, basic electrical, and maintenance repair
Additional Skills and Abilities
• Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstance
• Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations
• Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws
• Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community
• Successfully pass a background and drug test
Understanding of Microsoft Office programs and ability to navigate the internet as well as email.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must routinely lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Employee will be required to work outside in the heat and cold for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative construction/workshop environment and those an employee would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but instances where extreme noise will be encountered is possible.
If interested in this position, please apply with Justin Bryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.