Accounting Operations Manager | Elmington
The Accounting Operations Manager is responsible for the overall performance, organization, and success of the accounting department. You will be a coach to your team members, strong in team development, able to work and manage different personality types, and an organizational leader to your team.
Elmington is comprised of multiple locations and lines of business that are operated as their own living, breathing corporation. They have income and expenses, debt and a bottom line - all of which we will look to you to help optimize through your role. Along with this responsibility comes a very high level of expectations. We are asking you to be an integral part of a multi-million-dollar company. At Elmington, you will be pushed to Forget The Ordinary & Think Like an Owner. Every day.
To be an effective Elmington teammate, you will need to:
- Have a great attitude
- Have high expectations
- Think BEYOND the box
- Work with passion
- Have a tireless work ethic
- Be confident
- Be self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Take pride in your work
- Be a good listener
- Offer a solution with every problem
- Go above and beyond for everyone you support
- Communication skills-verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft products
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Practice
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
- Performance Management
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coach and develop to resolve all performance and other employee relations issues.
- Analyze, challenge and monitor department performance.
- Motivate team to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to delegate tasks to appropriate staff.
- Conduct needed performance evaluations and improvement plans.
- Empower team members with skills to improve their confidence, knowledge and communication skills.
- Ability to balance and maintain schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to build team morale and develop team members as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3-5 years effectively leading a team of 5 or more.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Accounting background preferred, but not required.
The Elmington Experience
We're creating a different kind of company at Elmington. We promise we will never be ordinary, which we hope you can see by this job description. There will be many days you simply aren't comfortable. You will be pushed to accomplish more than you ever thought possible. You will be challenged by your team leader and your peers to achieve more and to find better ways. With that said, we know Elmington is not for everyone. BUT, if you believe in yourself, enjoy a challenge and appreciate working with exceptional people, then Elmington could very well be the last company you ever work for.
Are you ready to FTO? It's time to TLO!
The company will recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate its employees based upon factors such as work quality, behavior, training, and experience. In compliance with local, state, and federal laws, we provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, protected age category, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, military status, or physical or mental disability of any individual who is otherwise qualified. Lastly, we're creating a different kind of company at Elmington