Assistant Manager | Metropolitan Development & Housing Agency
METROPOLITAN DEVELOPMENT AND HOUSING AGENCY
HUMAN RESOURCES DIVISION
Position Open: May 10, 2022
Position Closing Date: June 8, 2022
Position: ASSISTANT MANAGER
Salary: $48,781 - $63,420
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Affordable Housing; is responsible for providing assistance/support throughout the MDHA property portfolio in the absence of a property manager; provides general administrative support, management, direction and leadership to ensure the assigned property (or properties) is maintained, meets expected results, and operated in accordance with MDHA affordable housing and HUD rules and regulations.
MDHA offers competitive salaries and an amazing retirement program. Our Mission is to create affordable housing opportunities, support neighborhoods, strengthen communities and help build a greater Nashville.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES:
Two years of college education plus four (4) years of responsible property management experience in management and leasing. Two years of initial lease up experience on a new tax credit property or a combination of education and work experience that meets the KSA required for this position
Candidates with accreditation earned in foreign institutes are encouraged to apply.
• In the absence of the Property Manager, lead, coordinate and direct the property management operations in coordination with the Senior Property Manager, leasing assistant(s) and central office staff;
• Insure accuracy and compliance with HUD's Occupancy Handbook, 4350.3, EIV, MHDA's Policy and Procedures, Yardi 7, monthly procedures for voucher processing, maintenance and budget;
• Assist in supervising the day to day operation of the property management office and provide direction to the maintenance staff;
• Review and complete resident files, enforce lease and process legal activities;
• Perform back up duties to property manager in their absence and keep the property manager informed of resident requests an activity;
• Review tenant's accounts and other bookkeeping activities and complete monthly procedures and vouchers;
• Collect 98% outstanding Tenant Accounts Receivables monthly;
• Prepare monthly write off reports for submission to the Senior Property Manager;
• Assist property manager in procurement purchases;
• Participate in the annual budget process for each property;
• Attend all staff training and development and further develop skills for advancement;
• Assist in training and coaching of leasing assistants;
• Handle residents’ complaints and requests in a professional manner;
• Demonstrate a professional appearance and attitude;
• Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to effectively lead and manage to maximize the performance of property personnel; thrive under pressure in a fast paced environment; self-directed with the ability to successfully solve problems independently; be fiscally responsible, ability to make sound decisions, establish and maintain good working relationships with others; strong analytical abilities, detailed oriented, ability to manage ever changing priorities (multi- task); communicate well with others (oral and written) with good organizational skills; able to give and receive constructive criticism, and ability to embrace change.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of Affordable Housing, HUD's Multi-family (S-8) (PBRA) program, federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing housing operations. Ability to perform general administrative duties, Ability to read and interpret MDHA's Tenant Selection Plan (TSP); house rules and HUD's Handbooks and related policies and procedures. Knowledge of rent calculations, eligibility, verifications, re-certifications, tenant screening and Fair Housing.
Ability to perform work with or without an accommodation that requires sitting, standing and walking, dexterity of hands and clarity of vision, speech and hearing and powers of observation; other physical duties as required.
Knowledge of general accounting practices and budgeting; ability to accurately perform mathematical computation, calculate amounts and rates, and the ability to understand financial statements and budgets.
General office equipment, and automobile
As directed, supervise office support and maintenance staff
Valid Tennessee driver's license, Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) certification, Tax Credit Compliance Certification, Home Certification or Blended Occupancy Specialist (BOS), Certified Financial Specialist (CFS).
THE METROPOLITAN DEVELOPMENT AND HOUSING AGENCY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND HIRES REGARDLESS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, AGE, RELIGION, AND DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.
Apply at www.Nashville-MDHA.org. Upon reviewing all applications submitted for job openings, the Human Resources Office will notify those applicants who are selected for personal interviews. Applicants selected for a position must successfully pass a pre-hire physical examination and drug screen in order to be hired. MDHA is certified by the State of Tennessee as a Drug-Free Workplace
Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency
701 South Sixth St.
Nashville, Tennessee 37206
To request a reasonable accommodation or assistance with language interpretation, please call 615-252-8550.
If interested in this position, please apply at Career Center (taleo.net)